Eligibility criteria for joining Pakistan Army varies according to the course and corps one is joining. E.g. long course has different criteria than the ssrc (short service regular commission), and the soldiers induction have different criteria.
On this page, we will try to cover the eligibility criteria for various types of inductions in Pak Army. You can ask specific questions if you have or suggest changes or corrections if you find any error or outdated information.
Eligibility Requirements for PMA (Pakistan Military Academy) Long Course
Selection in long course for PMA are open for all citizens, irrespective of their religion, region, caste or creed. They can join Pakistan Army if they fulfil the following criterion for joining Pak Army.
Citizens of Pakistan (including Azad Kashmir domiciles and State Class-1 citizens).
Pakistan Army accepts on male candidates for long course.
Females may apply in other courses accepting both males and females like doctors, engineers, software engineers, psychologists, etc. or the one’s accepting females only like nursing. Check out latest openings for each course as they change every 6 months based on requirements.
Age requirement for joining Pak Army via long course
- For civilians having intermediate or equivalent qualification: 17-22 years of age (relaxable for 3 months in both upper and lower age limit)
- For civilians with 2 years graduate degree: 17-23 years of age
- For civilians with 4 years graduate degree: 17-24 years of age
- For serving Pak Airforce & Pak Navy personnel: 17-23 years of age
- For serving Pak Army personnel: 17-25 years of age
- Civilians: unmarried only
- Serving armed forces personnel:
- Unmarried only if 17-19 years of age
- Married or unmarried, both eligible, if age 20 or above
Educational Qualifications required to join PMA long course
Educational requirement is variable, as follows: (don’t stop until you read all requirements, even if you feel like you’re not eligible, there are multiple options available)
- Minimum 60% marks in Intermediate or equivalent (FSC, FA, ICS, ICOM, etc.) (don’t worry if you’re below 60%, read next line)
- If 60% marks in Graduation degree, then 50% marks in Intermediate are also eligible
- Minimum 55% marks in intermediate or equivalent for the candidates from specified area with domicile. Area incl Balolchistan, FATA, Gilgit-Baltistan, District Neelum Azad Jammu Kashmir, District Kohistan, Chitral, Dir, Tehsil Bala Kot (Kaghan, Naran) of District Mansehra in KPK, Tharparker and Tehsil Umer Kot in Sind, District Rajanpur, Area of Cholistan Desert, Drawer Fort, Salamsar, Mojgarh and Dingarh of Punjab, who have been actually studying in same areas.
- Serving Army Soldiers are eligible if they have 50% marks in Intermediate or equivalent
Candidates can also apply on the basis of hope certificate, but they need to have 60% marks in the part-1 of intermediate.
Training Period of PMA long Course
Long course lasts for 2 years usually (it can be prolonged or reduced based on special situations and requirements too).
Ineligibility conditions for joining Pak Army via L/C
Anyone not fulfilling above mentioned criteria or having any of the following issues is termed ineligible for joining Pakistan Army through long course. They might still be eligible for joining, based on the issue and how it can be resolved.
- Declared medically unfit by Military hospital or Appeal Medical Board
- Once enrolled in any Military service (Army, Navy & Air Force) successfully but then left through:
- dismissed from any academy on the basis of discipline, character, inefficiency, medical, weak profile or declared unsuitable for any reason
- dismissed from any other government service
- convicted by the court of law for an offence involving moral turpitude (note: not all convictions deem the person ineligible, so check thoroughly if there is still a chance for you to join Pak Army)
We will keep updating this article for more info. Please ask questions via comments.